The National Licensure Examination for Nurses is an examination for nurses introduced by the Nepal Nursing Council. National licensure examination is an examination for nursing students to qualify as a professional nurse. It is required for both PCL and B.Sc Nursing graduates. Moto of this examination is to test knowledge and practice in relation to job functions most commonly required by entry-level professional nurses. The examination determines eligibility to earn the title of registered nurse to initiate to work as professional nurses.
You can practice model sets Here: National Licensure Examination for Nurses
The objectives of licensure examination are as follows:
- To maintain quality nursing services to the public
- To maintain professional standard of knowledge and skills among new graduates
- To recommend for strengthening the capability of nursing institutions for quality nursing education
- Nepali citizen graduated from Nepal To meet the professional education requirement for licensure as a qualified professional nurse, the candidate must present satisfactory evidence of having received at least a four-year degree (B.Sc N.) or 3 years of Proficiency Certificate Level (Diploma level) program that is approved by NNC.
- Nepali citizen graduated from other countries Applicants, who have completed nursing education from other country, must have their equivalence certificate from the concerned authority. Individual applicant need to be graduated from the institute recognized from the respective nursing council or authorized government body and must submit the documents.
- Foreigners graduated from Nepal Foreign applicants graduated from Nepal must have completed nursing program from the institution approved by NNC and must submit the documents.
- Foreigners graduated from other countries A person, who comes to Nepal to work, must appear National Licensure Examination for Nurses in order to registered in NNC. Person, who stay with tourist visa are not allowed to apply
- Reporting prior convictions or discipline against licenses Applicants are required under ‘Regulation of the National Licensure Examination for Nurses’ to report all misdemeanor and felony convictions. Failure to report prior disciplinary action is considered falsification of application and is a ground for denial of licensure or revocation of license.
- Applicants with differently abled Applicants, who are differently abled, are under Civil Law.
The list of documents required for P.C.L. Nursing/B.Sc. Nursing
- Application form (original)
- Photocopies of the following documents * (SLC Mark sheet and Character Certificate, Citizenship, Academic Transcript or Mark sheet and Character Certificate of PCL Nursing, Academic Transcript or 10+2 Mark sheet or I.Sc. Mark sheet and Character Certificate for B.Sc. Nursing, Academic Transcript or Mark sheet and Character Certificate of B.Sc. Nursing
- Passport Size Photos (6)
- Examination fee (SBI Bank Voucher Original) Call Deposit A/C No, 20435240100009 (NRS 1500)
- Document of recognition /accreditation of institute from the nursing council or individual registration in the nursing council or in the authorized body (only in case of non-existence of nursing council) of the respective country (only applicable for the Nepalese graduated from the other countries). Attested by Notary Public for Foreign Degree Certificates, Equivalency letter from CTEVT/TU 1)
* Original Certificate Document need to brought for Verification.
The list of documents required for Foreign Nurses Items Number
- Application form, original
- Photocopy of Certificate of nursing educational degree,
- Photocopy of Certification of registration from the nursing council of respective country
- Recommendation letter from the organization in Nepal where the applicant is going to work (original)
- Photocopy of Valid visa or Passport/citizenship for those who do not need to have visa to enter Nepal,
- Examination fee (SBI Bank Voucher Original) Call Deposit A/C No, 20435240100009 NRS (2500)
- Passport size photos (5)
- Attested Photocopy of the Certificate of Nursing Educational degree by the Concerned Organization where the Individual works.
- Licensure Examination will be of three and half hours (3:30) duration.
- Applicants are not allowed to enter the examination room after 15 minutes from starting examination. Applicants can leave the room only after 1 hour of starting the examination.